Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day One-- The Start

Today was the first official day of Tulsa Link Year. Going into this, I had no clue what to expect, and frankly, I am still clueless. Today, if anything, just made me more anxious about the next 9 months. I don't really know what's coming to me, but I do know that this is what God has asked me to do.

Chris King, our fearless leader, opened up our orientation this morning with the question "How might this meeting Change Tulsa or the World?" I sat there in a still silence for a few minutes as I continued to roll the question around in my head. I couldn't come up with a decent answer for the life of me, and definitely didn't just want to spit out some random drivel, so I sat, and thought. Eventually, I decided I just didn't understand exactly what the question was asking. I was okay with that for a timme, but as the day went on, this question seemed to follow me around.

At around noon we found ourselves sitting next to what once was a fountain next to Tulsa's City Hall. As I sat down and clumsily kicked off my chacos the question rang in my mind. "How might this meeting change Tulsa or the World?" I came to the near conclusion that maybe this meeting would lead to inspiration, or maybe just a little push from behind that would somehow reach someone... someday. I'm sorry to inform you, I'm not an optimist, my friends. What I soon came to realize, though, is that our meeting may simply be the start, the gathering, of a few people who over the next months would be city or world changers. This day would be remembered as the beginning of sommething great. The start of something better than we could ever imagine.

Every influential group in the history of man had to have a Day One. There was a beginning, at some point, where a group of people came together for the first time. I feel like today was that day. Today was the start of something good, the start of a passion, a love for a city, a state, a country, a world.

1 comment:

  1. I just kept thinking, "This is the start of something much bigger than all of us," today. Here's to the adventure that lies ahead!

    ReplyDelete